TEN POINT SUMMARY
1. START EARLY
• Get to know the recycling centers around your operation.
• Discuss your project with an-environmental consultant.
• Make a plan!
AND RECYCLE PAPER
•Set up recycling bins in your office and locations.
3. BUY RECYCLED PAPER
• Research your options. Some brands to get started with are:
CROSS POINT (10% post, 40% pre-consumer)
HAMMERMILL SAVINGS DP (10% post, .40% pre-consumer)
HAMMERMILL UNITY DP (50% post, 50% pre-consumer)
• Replace light bulbs with compact fluorescent bulbs.
• Use rechargeable batteries.
• Conserve energy in transportation choices.
WASTE AND RECYCLE ALL MATERIALS
• Set up recycling bins for all materials.
• Get everyone to use their own mug, bag, etc, when ordering
out. Everyone can have an impact if they become responsible for
their own situations.
NONTOXIC BIODEGRADABLE CLEANERS
• Stop buying brand name toxic cleaners. Natural cleaners
do the same job without toxic residue.
OFTOXIC SUBSTANCES SAFELY
• Make arrangements in advance.
LEFTOVERS AND SUPPLIES
• Leftover food and materials can be donated to community
organizations and production houses.
NUTRITION AND PERSONAL CARE
• Learn about the social, political, and health impact of
• Choose natural cruelty-free personal care products.
10. DISSEMINATE INFORMATION
• Give out information to the crew to help them get interest-ed
in cleaning up the filmmaking process.
• Read the histories and philosophies that form the environmental